The mission of the MIWI Institute is to provide European libertarian conservative parliamentary groups and political parties with high-quality policy advice on a broad spectrum of economic affairs from an ordoliberal-conservative viewpoint based on leading evidence-based empirical research results.
- Policy-oriented high-quality economic research from an ordoliberal-conservative (social market economy) perspective.
- Research-based policy advice to European parliamentary groups and political parties of the libertarian conservative spectrum.
- Support for young libertarian conservative academics and policy advisors.
- Engagement in dialogue with the wider public to promote economic research results and policy recommendations from a libertarian conservative (social market economy) perspective.
- Publication of short analytical policy notes, middle-sized policy and research papers, as well as longer policy and research reports on relevant issues of regional and national economic affairs as well as European economic integration.
- Organization of educational seminars and summer/winter schools on a broad range of economic topics for young academics, policy advisors and interested parties.
- Organization of research conferences and workshops / round tables to develop and improve modern social market economy concepts on a wide range of aspects of economic policy.
- Dissemination of research results and policy recommendations through newsletters, social media, and other public relation measures.
- Creation and provision of an expert pool for parliamentary hearings on various economic issues.
Main research topics
- Public finances and economic growth
- Demographics and social welfare
- Climate change and energy policy
- Digitization and innovation
- Regional integration and foreign economic affairs
- Identity and society
- Economic advisors from libertarian conservative parliamentary groups from the federal and state levels of Germany as founding members.
- Well known and established economic researchers from Germany and other European countries as close experts.
The “MIWI – Institut für Marktintegration und Wirtschaftspolitik n.e.V.” was incepted in 2020 and is based in Grünwald — a picturesque and well known suburb of Munich, Germany.