Which paths will lead Germany and Europe out of the current global trade and economic war and back to the prosperity that was once possible in Germany as an industrial location? Prof. Dr. Harald Weyel, European policy spokesman for the AfD parliamentary group in the German Bundestag, gives a lecture and discusses with Yuri Kofner, economist and head of the MIWI Institute. Afterwards, viewers can ask their questions in the comments.
The online event will take place in German on Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 19:00 CEST on Zoom and can also be viewed as a live stream on Facebook, Youtube and GETTR.
MIWI analytical notes on the topic:
- Germany: negative trade balance for the first time – now what?
- A global economic giant and political dwarf: strengths and weaknesses of EU foreign and security policy
Integration in global value chains might not increase exposure to risk after all
- Technical barriers to trade play the most important role in trade of goods in information and communications technology
- Economic policy of Germany’s new coalition government: economic and welfare effects
- Welfare and migration effects of the lifting of all German sanctions
- Blue Deal: Fiscal and economic effects of the AfD’s economic program
- Back to old strengths: securing the future of the German export industry
- For a reorientation of German foreign policy: defence, sanctions, development aid and migration